Payroll Assistant - 6 month contract
- Full Time
MacKenzie King is delighted to be recruiting for a Payroll Assistant to join a friendly, successful and well-established business based in north Essex. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Assistant who is seeking a contract role in which you can take ownership of the payroll function.
- Accurately processing and submitting the monthly payroll for approximately 165 employees, ensuring all details are verified and accurate
- Manually calculating employee time-sheets
- Ensure that all additions, deductions and changes are processed accurately e.g. processing SMP and SSP payments, running auto-enrolment pension process, submitting BACS payments etc.
- Posting and allocating staff purchase payments onto the Accounts system
- Receiving and processing bank details, P45/start check lists for new starters
- Downloading payroll reports
- Reconciling payroll ledgers
- Maintain childcare vouchers and student loan deductions
- Dealing with payroll queries
The successful candidate will have proven experience of working within end to end payroll and be able to hit the ground running. Good knowledge of statutory payments (e.g. SMP/SPP and SSP) is required as well as RTI and end of year processing. An understanding of Pension Auto-enrolment would be beneficial. My client is looking for a trustworthy, highly organised and motivated individual who has an open, flexible and supportive approach to change and innovation.
This role can offer flexible working hours, free parking and other generous staff benefits