Assistant Showbiz Picture Editor - Mirror Online
Our team at Mirror Online has an opening for a well-connected and experienced Assistant Picture Editor. Reporting to the Head of Pictures and deputies, you will be responsible for ensuring the Mirror Online Showbiz channel has the best pictures and eye-catching design work to compliment stories on the site. On occasion you will need to lead the Online picture department.
This is a fantastic position for the right candidate looking for their next challenge. We will be reviewing applications as soon as possible, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our news brands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national news brands including the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Sourcing and editing relevant images for Mirror Online, both through picture wires and social media
- Producing eye-catching design work for the website
- Working closely with the editors, reporters and picture team
- Liaising with photo agencies to secure images
- Negotiating deals for picture sets
- Correctly reporting image use
- Creating ideas for photo led stories and features
- Working in a shift pattern
The Ideal Candidate
- At least three years working in online picture teams
- Great relationships with photo agencies and photographers
- A solid legal understanding of image usage rights, including obtaining images from social media
- Sound knowledge of Photoshop, Photo-mechanic and CHP. Also an understanding of CMS'
- A genuine interest in current affairs and celebrity
- Well organised with excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Self motivating and enjoy working as part of a team
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required - Shift work includes evenings and weekends
In addition to competitive salaries, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at yourrecruitment@reachplc. com