Senior Mechanical Engineer (OSS Intervention) x 3
Our client Oil & Gas Service company is looking to recruit 3 x Senior Mechanical Engineer (OSS Intervention), on a 12 month contract basis to start mid November, to be based in Kingswells.
The Engineer shall be working in challenging job situations within a multi-disciplined engineering group who are responsible for the day to day technical support and guidance whilst carrying out their duties in providing onshore, offshore and plant engineering support.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
* Degree qualification in Electrical or Mechanical discipline
*5 years relevant product experience, or national diploma qualification along with a minimum of 10 years relevant product experience.
* Full clean driving licence
* Conduct work safely and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and facility
work instructions. Proactively participate in HSE standard and initiatives
* Provide technical support for Plant & offshore Engineering/service personnel and assistance with resolving service or product quality incidents, FPRs, technical problems and field troubleshooting issues.
* Works with minimal supervision and shall prioritize own work whilst being capable of supporting multiple projects/scopes of work.
* Capable of providing mentoring/coaching to subordinate/less experienced team members on an informal and casual basis.
* Technical review with internal and external customers and suppliers including projects, aftermarket/sustaining.
* Identifies & selects solutions based on technical experience & precedents
* Working with Specialist Matter Experts; typically relating to ROV, Reliability, Hydraulic and Electrical Analysis to support solution delivery.
* Capable to provide evaluative judgments using analysis of information to support work packages.
* Interface management both internal and external.
* May participate in design activities such as design reviews or related activities such as HAZOP, HAZID and Risk Assessments.
* Provide technical support to the Service/Aftermarket/Sustaining organisation during the onshore integration and the offshore installation and commissioning processes.
* Participate in controls product design reviews
* Supporting life of field/project management team to identify scopes of work and to manage project change process.
* Liaises with product group and provide feedback operational, design improvement associated with offshore operation and commission activates to drive product continuous improvement.
* Provide technical guidance to Services personnel regarding all technical aspects of work;
including providing of information and guidance relating to product offerings, systems engineering and Services engineering.
* Liaise and work alongside the necessary commercial personnel to agree workload priorities, deliverable's, reporting requirements and timelines.
*Ability to drive incident free Health and Safety culture.
* Must be willing and able to fulfill business travel requirements.
* Design, build, manufacture and/ or operational knowledge of main surface and subsea hydraulic & electrical power and communication equipment
* Effective verbal and written skills for use with internal and external customers.
* Requires Familiar with industry standards ISO 13628-6, API 17F, ISO 13628-7, API 17G
* Ability to clearly explain, present and reason technical solutions and offerings.
* Ability to attend design reviews and act as lead engineer.
* Previous experience of the design, build, manufacture or operational knowledge of hydraulic or electronic control systems.
* Ability to write testing procedures for hydro-electric control systems.
* Ability to provide technical and commercial support to bids and quotations.
* Hydraulic and pneumatic schematic interpretation.
* Previous experience of the design, build, manufacture or operational knowledge of main IWOCS and/or Production Controls equipment, HPU, Reel, Umbilicals, PLC based controls etc.
* BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) beneficial
* CA-EBS Compressed Air Emergency Re-Breather System) beneficial