Community Accommodation and Training Coordinator
Previous experience with catering is essential.
- Planning, budgeting & providing the daily communal meal within the house in conjunction with the Companions and to assist them in learning to cater for themselves outside of the communal mealtime and at weekends, to assist, advise and encourage Companions to take ownership of their meals & reinforcing the importance of Companions maintaining the communal areas particularly the kitchen. Making sure all duties are carried out to a high standard with a focus on the wellbeing of the Companions.
- Developing nutritionally balanced menus to ensure the best health & wellbeing of the house Community is met and delivering basic effective advice to the Companions to educate around health and nutrition and the importance of this to maintain a healthy lifestyle at home and work.
- Working with Companions to help devise strategies to assist them with their budgeting and provide advice and guidance in undertaking all aspects of catering for themselves & coordinate all aspects of the house management on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring effective budget management, including the achievement of waste targets and recycling within the house.
- Managing stocks of produce and sundry items for the Community Houses.
- Invoicing, petty cash handling requirements for the Community houses where necessary.
- Maintaining a welcoming, stimulating and homely environment, working positively with Companions to manage shared living arrangements.
- Managing any cases of low level anti-social behaviour from Companions, reporting all concerns to the Community Support Manager in a professional and confidential manner.
- Supporting Companions in achieving their agreed goals and where necessary to be able to sustain independent living and are equipped to plan healthy personal meals, budget for their day to day living.
- Assisting Companions to gain transferable skills that could be used to progress within the catering or hospitality industry should they have an interest in doing so.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Must have a minimum of 9 months paid experience in a similar setting
- Willing to complete specialist training to meet the needs of the client
- Access to own transport
- Great communication and written skills
- All positions and posts are subject to a DBS check
- Free training
- Excellent salary of up to GBP11 ph. paid weekly
- Holiday entitlement
- Temporary to permanent opportunity
- Recommend a friend scheme paying up to GBP200 per successful referral
- Local consultant and branch support team