Pay: £10 per hour
Hours: 40 per week
We are looking to recruit a professional, compassionate and skilled carer. The role will be 40 hours per week £10 per hour. You will be required to have a flexible approach to working hours, and must be flexible to work alongside another carer providing 2:1 care. For this role, you will be required to have a full clean driving license. We would also like you to know some Makaton or be willing to learn the basics.
Tasks and activities that you can expect to take part in are as follows (but not limited to): tidying, preparing food/snacks/beverages, encouraging and assisting in activities, such as listening to music, playing guitar and piano, playing football and painting. As carer, you will also be involved in encouraging the learning of letters and numbers. As carer, you will support outings and activities within the community, assisting in activities such as bowling, cinema, theatre, aquarium, zoo etc.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide a reliable and professional care supporting during activities and days out. To be responsible for supporting with household tasks such as tidying and preparing food, as well as providing encouragement to take part in these activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide care and assistance with everyday tasks such as tidying.
- Accompanying during days out and activities.
- Encouraging participation in household activities.
- Supporting with learning and using numbers and letters.
- Using (or being willing to learn the basics of) Makaton.
- Preparing food and beverages.
You can apply for this role by providing a CV and a cover letter by click apply .Your cover letter must address how you meet the aspects of the person specification below. Please use the cover letter to give examples of your skills, knowledge and suitability for this role.
- A background in providing care
- Flexible approach to working
- Working alongside others
- Supporting individuals to learn letters and numbers
- Accompanying and supporting individuals during days out and activities
- Supporting individuals with basic tasks in the home
- Preparing food and beverages
8. Excellent communication skills
9. Problem solving
10. Interpersonal skills
11. Being patient and tactful
12. Positive attitude towards caring for individuals
13. Professional attitude and approach to providing care
14. Drivers licence
Closing date Friday 29th November 2019 at 10am
Apply for Carer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly