Bristol (travel may be required to other services such as Weston-Super-Mare)
Cintre is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regulated support services to adults with a variety of mental health conditions and learning disabilities.
We are now looking for a Deputy Manager to support the successful delivery of our services and to ensure the needs of our service users are met and exceeded.
- Competitive salary
- 27 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Employee assistance programme
- Opportunity to do further training
- Cycle to work scheme
We’re a dedicated bunch at Cintre, dedicated to our service users, dedicated to caring and dedicated to our values. We’ve built a community of staff and service users and now we need you to bring your skills and experience to help us continue to provide amazing care and exceptional services.
What’s more, you’ll have the chance to increase your leadership skills, grow with our organisation and potentially take on further responsibility in the future.
So, if you’ve put positive morals and ethics at the heart of your career plan and want to continue doing great work that helps and supports others, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As a Deputy Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring the successful day-to-day delivery of our services across Bristol.
Ensuring services are provided in line with contractual requirements and users’ needs, you will lead and manage the Service Delivery Team, making sure enough staff is available and that each staff member is focused on their own contribution to the success of our services.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage staff rotas
- Deal with staff absence
- Ensure your team learns, enjoys and develops in their role
- Ensure service users’ needs are understood
- Deliver services that are focused on achieving personal goals and maximising independence
- Facilitate regular communications for relatives and families of service users
- Foster effective internal communication
- Share knowledge and build the quality of Cintre’s service
- Develop and maintain relationships with external parties, including prospective service users and local authorities
To be considered as a Deputy Manager, you will need:
- Experience or knowledge of a specialism such as mental health or autism
- Experience of first line management, including working in an Assistant Deputy/Deputy Manager role or equivalent
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals of various complex needs and situations
- Knowledge of the care sector and of the regulatory framework and standards
- A supervisory accreditation or equivalent
- A good level of IT literacy and confidence using Microsoft Office packages
- To be qualified to a minimum of NVQ 3 (or the former NVQ 4)
- A care certificate
Other organisations may call this role Deputy Service Manager, Assistant Service Manager, Care Manager, Support Services Manager, Care Team Manager, Mental Health Support Manager, Autism Support Service Manager, or Care Services Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 8th November 2019.
Please note, this role is Bristol based (at times travel may be required to other services).
So, if you are ready for an exciting change of pace as a Deputy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.