Income Recovery Advisor
Income Recovery Advisor
Up to £24,888 per annum (FTE)
Permanent, Part Time (21.75 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high performing and experienced individual to join our client’s vital Income Recovery team, as an Income Recovery Advisor, on a permanent basis for 21.75 hours per week.
Do you have a passion to make a real difference for their customers? Well this may be the role for you.
Our client wants to deliver excellent Housing Management Services for their customers. As part of their Income Recovery Team, they are looking for a person who can really ‘make a difference’ and, adopting their ‘firm but fair’ approach take on the following key responsibilities:
- Focus on reducing arrears and ensuring their customers put their rent first; by working on a caseload basis to monitor the rent (and other) accounts of their customers
- To act as the focal point of their Income Recovery Service, handling and progressing cases, through inbound and outbound debtor contact; utilising the most appropriate form of contact (telephone, written communication or face-to-face)
- Use judgement to make appropriate decisions on customer cases within the scope of the Group’s policies and procedures, whilst balancing their need to protect income streams with their responsibility as a social landlord
Their ideal candidate will desirably have experience in telephone-based work including; Income Recovery, Housing or at a Customer Contact Centre, however, this is not essential.
As an Income Recovery Advisor with a strong customer service ethic, you must have an ability to demonstrate:
- The necessary organisational skills to manage your own caseload
- Key communication skills, and an ability to communicate to their tenants via a range of media, both written and verbal, with a strong bias on quality telephone contact
- Strong negotiation skills, coupled with an ability to stay cool in challenging situations
- The confidence to ask difficult questions and the empathy to deal sympathetically with customers in genuine difficulty
- An understanding of debt recovery management, and knowledge of welfare benefits is needed to help them best advise their customers
Our client is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 22,500 homes and high-quality care and support services. With a clear vision to improve the lives of their customers and their colleagues through their shared values and integrated services, the Group has ambitious plans for the future and is always looking to grow.
You will be joining the organisation following the launch of their 2025 strategy, which concentrates on improving the lives of customers and colleagues by focusing on the areas of financial resilience and health and wellbeing.
Everything they do is about helping people, enhancing their wellbeing and improving lives.
They value and respect their people. They recognise that their success rests on the shoulders of committed staff so they want to make sure that everyone feels supported and appreciated. Being part of the Group means living their values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through their values that they will continue to shape the future, making a positive difference within their local communities and creating places where people want to live.
They offer an attractive employee benefit package and excellent training and development opportunities.
This role is subject to pre-employment checks, including two satisfactory references.
PLEASE NOTE: They can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities they work with.
They invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process.