Charity Shop Manager
Charity Shop Manager
Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our retail teams and a number of new roles are being created. We are looking for a Charity Shop Manager to join our dedicated team in Northallerton.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
If you have experience in shop management and want a new challenge for a worthy cause, then this is an excellent opportunity to help Yorkshire Cancer Research successfully open and manage their new shop in Northallerton.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Charity Shop Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As a Charity Shop Manager, you will maximise income and profit while efficiently and effectively running the day to day operation of the shop.
Providing excellent customer service, you will ensure that both volunteers and customers know the positive impact they are having on the Yorkshire community.
Reporting to the Head of Retail Operations, you will:
- Actively manage any stock replenishment and rotation
- Manage your team of volunteers to create a friendly and happy retail environment
- Ensure all accounting and administration is accurate, with a weekly review of sales figures
- Effectively recruit, train and manage shop volunteers
- Ensure the shop has the highest standard of presentation, including attractive window displays
- Identify any potential media promotions, coverage or publicity opportunities and communicate any findings with Head Office
- Implement all shop operating policies including Health and Safety and Trading Standards
To join us as a Charity Shop Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing a team of people or volunteers including recruitment and development
- Experience of meeting and exceeding targets within a retail environment
- The ability to motivate others while working under pressure
- To be highly organised with skills in communication and time management
Any previous retail experience in the charity sector or commercial sector is desirable.
An education to A Level or equivalent would also be a benefit.
Other organisations may call this role Shop Manager, Branch Manager, Charity Branch Manager, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Sales Manager, or Charity Sales Manager.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 12th November 2019.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Charity Shop Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week