Our client is an international company with offices in the UK, Portugal, and the US. They work with organisations to create digital and technology platforms to drive transformation, develop capabilities and deliver digital and transactional experiences that build business around the world.
They are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join their international team.
You will be based in their beautiful rural offices nearby Bath.
They are seeking a Data Engineer to join their growing team. This person will be responsible for working across several Data Warehousing, Reporting, and Data Integration projects, assisting with the development of data best practices and governance, building reporting infrastructure, creating ad-hoc reports, and helping to optimize data flow and collection.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of and is excited to learn about all aspects of data from multiple complex sources and domains, and who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support their developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists, and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistently present across projects. They will also support non-technical colleagues in the collection and appropriate use of data. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by data, cross system integration, traditional and non-traditional forms of ETL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Modeling – evaluate structured and unstructured data, determine the most appropriate schema for new tables, fact tables, data marts, etc.
- Data Integration – incorporate new business and system data into client Data Warehouses while maintaining enterprise best practices and adhering to data governance standards.
- ETL and Reporting – apply business rules to data to migrate from source to target using ETL tools or scripting languages. Validate data to ensure quality. Collaborate with colleagues across the enterprise to scope requests. Extract data from various data sources, validate results, create relevant data visualizations, and share with requester. Develop dashboards and automate refreshes as appropriate.
- Governance / Best Practices – adhere and contribute to enterprise data governance standards. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- KPI Development - Develop analytics that utilize data resources to provide actionable insights, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Technical Support - Work with stakeholders including client and internal company teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field
- 2-3 years of Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing experience, preferably across multiple domains and in-depth in at least 1
- Proficient at integrating predictive and prescriptive models into applications and processes.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- RDBMS - strong skills in SQL and MySQL.
- Scripting - Python proficiency.
- Experience with Big Data and Hadoop
- Exposure to stream-processing systems
- Exposure to object-oriented/object programming: Python, Java, etc
- Exposure to visual analytics tools: QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Data Science / Machine Learning experience
- Familiarity with Agile methodology for development
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP with your CV and include your gross salary expectation and availability.
Apply for Data Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly