Care Officer – Children’s Residential Home
“Imagine the difference you could make”
We seek a Care Officer to join our Corporate Parenting Service based at The Croft Children’s Home, Pocklington.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is an innovative local authority which constantly strives to improve the standard of services provided to children and families in our area. Our vision is to ensure that vulnerable children and young people receive excellent placements and support to keep them safe and to make sure they reach their full potential. We are responding to the challenges we face with energy and innovation.
The outcome of our last Ofsted inspection found that services for vulnerable children across the East Riding were judged to be “good” with “outstanding” features. Inspectors found that “vulnerable children in the East Riding receive good quality, well co-ordinated support that safeguards them well and improves their lives”. We are continuing our commitment to further improve our services supported by the council with increased investment and we are strengthening our capacity to deliver high quality services. Children’s Social Care and Corporate Parenting Services have also recently been awarded Partner in Practice status and are embarking on a period of creative service development and delivery including exciting Edge of Care support.
The Croft Children’s Home is currently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted – February 2019.
This role is crucial in supporting and nurturing our looked after children.
* be passionate about ensuring our most vulnerable children are supported to achieve their full potential
* be an innovative and creative child centred practitioner who is able to work as part of a team with teenagers aged 14 to 17 years in a residential looked after setting
* be responsible for the day-to-day welfare and care of young people who may present challenging behaviour
* have experience of working with children or young people
* have a QCF Level 3 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards it
* be willing to work on a rota basis including weekends and sleep in duties
Key benefits include:
* strong management support at all levels
* regular reflective supervision
* use of evidence based practice models
* excellent training opportunities
* an opportunity to make a real difference to children and families
* ‘My Time Active’ Leisure Pass (free access to council leisure centre facilities as part of your role).
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
You must have a full current driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
Hours: 18.5 per week, part-time, permanent.
If you are a dedicated professional who wants to make a difference to children looked after and enjoy the rewards of this challenging work, please contact Robert Bridgett, tel (01759) 303325.
Application pack available at https://bit.ly/33U5Msq
Advert No: CYSS000508
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. This council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.