Procurement and Value Manager
Procurement and Value Manager
Circa £50,000 per annum dependent on skills
Full Time (35 hours per week)
It doesn’t happen very often that a new role comes along where you have the opportunity to develop and deliver a new strategy and where the organisational values match your own. Join our client as a Procurement and Value Manager and be their in-house procurement expert - providing advice and guidance across the business.
You have well developed professional credibility and experience of the full buying process at a senior level. All you need is the perfect, socially responsible environment to put your skills to great use.
Our client is one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Across the region they manage over 9,000 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants; provide over 1,500 bed spaces for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide more than 950,000 hours of care and support each year.
Along with strategy development and procurement skills training across, you will ensure all goods, services and works are procured in line with their standing orders and comply with relevant legislation. In addition, you will work with Senior Managers to develop and deliver approaches to improve value for money across the Group.
Our client has a set of values which describe who they are, how they work, and what people can expect from them. CLEAR – Caring, Lean, Enthusiastic, Accountable and Resilient – these reflect everything they do and are embedded throughout the organisation. They want someone whose own values are aligned with theirs, who has a passion for working within the housing/care sector and who cares about what they do and the way they do it.
You should have experience of delivering efficiencies successfully and have the ability to develop strategies and operational plans to drive the business forward. You will be an effective negotiator, have strong interpersonal skills and will be happy to challenge assumptions based upon sound logic. Being customer focused, you will be driven to deliver great services for their customers and will promote best practice.
They’re a housing association with a difference – they don’t aspire to be the biggest, but they do want to be the best. Help them achieve their aim of ‘More Homes, Great Services and Better Lives’.
In return for your hard work, dedication and values, they offer the following colleague benefits:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the business, includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work for them
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of their LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
All successful candidates will be required to take an online ability assessment test prior to the interview.