ASSESSMENT, MEDIATION AND SUPPORT WORKER
- Full Time
ASSESSMENT, MEDIATION AND SUPPORT WORKER
We have an opportunity for a new colleague to join our innovative multi-agency team, Bristol Youth MAPS. Working from a strengths-based holistic approach, in this role you will be part of an effort to prevent homelessness by helping young people remain at home or find alternative accommodation where remaining at home is not safe or possible.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You engage young people with confidence and passion. You enjoy and you are good at family work.
- You are able to calmly manage family meetings and manage expectations.
- You can assess need and look for the best outcome within limited resources.
What you will be doing:
- You will take ownership of holding a caseload of young people at risk of homelessness.
- By having a flexible approach to support and by being creative, you will work with the young person and family to help them remain at home where possible.
- Using your problem-solving skills, you will help them find accommodation where is not safe or possible to remain at home.
You will be in the Bristol Youth MAPS Service which is part of the Bristol Support Services Team and your line manager will be our Senior AMS Worker.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to develop skills in family and housing work in a multi-agency team.
- An opportunity to work on a Psychologically Informed Environment.
- 30 days holiday plus the usual bank and public holidays.
- UK Healthcare Employee membership (Level 1).
- Hours per week: 37.5 (equates to full time)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: £25,801- £27,905 per annum
- The location: You will be based in our Youth MAPS office, in the heart of Bristol’s vibrant city centre, within walking distance of both of the main train and bus stations.
- To access the Job Pack for this role, and complete an Application Form, please visit the website
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, 17 November 2019
- If you have not heard from us by the end of the day on Tuesday 19 November 2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on Friday 22 November 2019.
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.