Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Full Time
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
£35,000 - £41,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent
About the Company
Essar Oil UK is a leading UK-focussed downstream energy company whose main asset is the Stanlow Manufacturing Complex, one of the most advanced refineries in Europe and situated close to the major cities of Liverpool and Manchester. Stanlow is a key strategic national asset, annually producing over 16% of the UK’s road transport fuels, while playing an important part in Britain’s petrochemical industry by providing key feedstocks.
The business is a major supplier in the North West and beyond with customers including most of the major retail brands operated by international oil companies and supermarkets, Manchester Airport, leading commercial airlines and the region’s trains and buses.
The business covers crude and product trading, refinery operations, HSE implementation, maintenance support and technological services, together with marketing and retail activities. Our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy working conditions and following the best operating practices to protect the environment underpins everything we do.
We employ over 900 highly trained and loyal staff, who are at the heart of everything we do. The company has an embedded safety culture, technically challenging work across the different parts of the business and some of the best training available in the energy industry.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced time served Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join the Essar team at Stanlow Refinery.
The role holder will be an integral part of the Central Maintenance Service Team that continuously delivers services to support our manufacturing operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the technical planning and specialist execution of Machine Shop/Turning duties to support rotating and static maintenance teams
- Evaluating and interpreting technical drawings in order to develop repair scopes within the machine shop
- Manufacturing or modifying components to the correct specifications in accordance with site and manufacturers’ standards
- Providing safe and cost effective services to the business, with minimum impact on the environment
- Supporting Refinery Shutdowns/Projects as when required
- Raising incidents that provide learning opportunities and participate in follow up corrective action
- Mentoring both peers and apprentices
- Participating in an on-call or out of rota as required
Our ideal candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of Engineering Quality Standards and material management systems, workshop safety and tool selection.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of horizontal and vertical boring, together with other core turning and machining duties.
You will have:
- Recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- C&G, NVQ, ONC/HNC or equivalent in a mechanical field
- Proficient IT skills
To be successful in this role, you will have a sound understanding of operational safety management systems including permit to work & PUWER along with repair & manufacturing techniques in both workshops and plant environments.
The successful candidate will need to display a proven track record of demonstrating strong corporate values/behaviours and an entrepreneurial/LEAN mind-set towards cost control and efficiency.