Head of Property Services
6 days left
- Full Time
About the role
We are looking to recruit a talented Head of Property Services who will ensure that the Building Services and Modernisation and Planned Maintenance teams’ operational activity is aligned to JRHT outcomes and delivered in line with the requirements of the Regulator of Social Housing’s regulatory framework, particularly in respect of the consumer standards.
We are working to build and develop strong empowered communities without poverty or isolation, to ensure that everyone has a decent home in a good place and that everyone has a good living standard and prospects. The postholder will work closely with teams within JRHT and JRF, taking a collaborative, matrix working approach to the delivery of our mission and outcomes.
The role provides strategic leadership and vision, enabling the development and operational excellence of our services for the repair, maintenance, planned improvement and modernisation to our residents’ homes. This will include working collaboratively across matrix teams and building networks externally to identify and share best practice.
We really look forward to receiving an application from you if you can:
• Lead the effective planning and delivery of all aspects of Property Services, including planned, cyclical and responsive repairs, procurement, contractor management, in house DLO management and landlord health & safety
• Provide significant experience of strategic asset management, programme delivery, service development and implementing and managing change
• Lead, inspire and motivate teams to create effective working relationships with other teams across the organisation
• Contribute a positive and collaborative approach to working with the Senior Management team, working together to identify actions and deliver effective solutions promptly
• Influence and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and audiences
• Actively promote and support the values of JRHT
• Provide comprehensive knowledge of the social housing and related sectors
• Possess financial competency to work closely with the Finance team to further develop a trading account.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
35 Hours per week
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 November 2019
Interviews will take place on week commencing 2 December 2019
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion:
At JRF/JRHT we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, social economic background etc.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.