Internal Account Manager - Chemical Distribution
5 days left
- Full Time
Our Client is a multi-sector speciality distributor of raw materials and chemicals to the UK Manufacturing Industry.
They are now seeking an Internal Account Manager - Chemicals. This position will be office based in Swansea. It is a full-time permanent role.
- To contribute to the achievement and maximisation of agreed budget by managing and developing new and existing customer relationships in order to maximise sales.
- Responsible for the delivery of monthly / quarterly / annual budgeted targets using effective sales techniques and the company's sales procedures
- Manage key accounts against set targets
- Open and develop new trading accounts
- Maintain a sales plan for the area, monitoring and mapping time scales and actions required to achieve growth
- Maintain appropriate level of product knowledge, including attendance at product training
- Continually seek new market and product sales opportunities
- Liaise with appropriate BDMs to maximise sales opportunities
- Monitor, evaluate and report on competitor's activities in order to identify sales opportunities
- Contribute to industry and company product development to maximise sales opportunities
- Liaise and work closely with other members of the sales team to ensure the customer's requirements are fulfilled efficiently and effectively
- Proactively assist in managing targets for the site, including the reduction of bad debtors
- Contribute to the budgeting process by forecasting sales and profit within the sales area
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role ideally within the Chemical industry or similar
- Proven track record in building sales figures and margins within a competitive and mature market
- Experience and knowledge in strategic relationship management and selling principles
- You must be able to organize the day-to-day sales activities of the key accounts and have the ability to engage and enrol a varied customer base
- You will also be tenacious, adaptable, able to contribute effectively in a target driven environment and have a pragmatic approach
- Ability to prioritise, delegate, monitor and follow up
- Communicate well at all levels both internal and external
In return, our Client is offering a salary of up to GBP23,500 per annum basic plus generous bonus scheme & benefits
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.