Financial Crime Assurance Manager - Milton Keynes or Glasgow
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Crime Risk Management professional to join our team as a Financial Crime Assurance Manager, based in Glasgow or Milton Keynes.
At Santander, we're committed to Deterring, Detecting and Disrupting Financial Crime to help protect our Customers and Communities, fostering prosperity. Reporting directly to the Santander UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), the Financial Crime Assurance Team undertake oversight of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank's systems and controls to prevent financial crime.
As a Financial Crime Assurance Manager, you will lead yourself and other members of the Assurance team to deliver assurance reviews in line with the Financial Crime Assurance Plan. You will be responsible for developing and agreeing the scope, executing the assurance review against agreed milestones, maintaining high quality records of the assurance procedures and providing impactful reports summarising the conclusions from the review for senior management attention.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Assurance Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Overseeing and participating in the planning and execution of each assurance review, ensuring assurance resource is focussed on the key financial crime risks and controls.
- Maintaining records of the assurance procedures applied in line with Santander's Financial Crime Compliance Assurance Methodology documents.
- Assessing compliance with Santander's published Financial Crime Policies and Standards.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of each component of the key control framework, escalating issues and recommendations to Senior Management, as required.
- Producing high quality, impactful assurance reports which clearly highlight issues and risks to Santander.
- Proactively identifying issues or improvements, providing advice to the Head of Financial Crime Assurance as appropriate.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Proven experience working in Financial Crime is essential; ideally in an Assurance, Oversight or Internal Audit role
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of EU and UK financial crime frameworks, regulations and guidance, financial crime risks and key controls.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Risk Management Frameworks in a financial services context.
- Proven stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate confidently and influence stakeholders of all seniority.
- Excellent report writing experience.
- Proven project management and time management skills.
- A recognised Financial Crime, Compliance or Internal Audit qualification is not required, but is desirable.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- GBP6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Milton Keynes or Glasgow
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here