Housing and Allocations Administrator
Housing and Allocations Administrator
We have an opening for a new colleague to join our Dispersed Housing Team; someone with bags of enthusiasm, resourcefulness and experience of providing project administration support to help us manage our properties and to provide essential administrative support to the team. This role makes a key contribution to a large team that makes a real difference for young homeless people across the city.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You build good relationships with colleagues, the general public and external partners.
- You can hold a pivotal role within the team with confidence, effectively supporting the effective delivery of and monitoring of the service.
- You are super-organised and efficient, with great administrative skills and attention to detail.
- You thrive in a busy environment, working under pressure, juggling tasks whilst remaining positive and focussed.
What you will be doing:
- You will be taking ownership of managing the HSR waiting list. Part of this process will involve co-ordinating assessments of young people.
- By being well organised, efficient and effective you will support the team in the re-letting of vacant properties including reporting repairs and ordering supplies.
- You will be trusted to keep essential housing management and support systems up-to-date.
- You will gather and report on data, whilst leading on specific areas of responsibility, such as our legal requirements as a housing provider.
What we are offering:
- 30 days’ holiday
- Really supportive team members and the opportunity to learn and develop through regular Reflective Practice sessions.
- Employer pension contribution of 4%.
- A relaxed dress-code every day!
- Regular Team and Cross Departmental Development Days.
- Hours per week: 37.5 (Mon-Fri)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: £21,589 - £22,911 per annum
- The location: You will be based in Kingsley Hall, close to Bristol’s main train and bus stations as well as the vibrant city centre.
- To access the Job Pack and to complete an Application Form, please visit the website
- Application deadline is: 23:59 Monday 11 November 2019
- If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 13 November 2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
- Interviews are on Monday 18 November 2019
Covering Letter Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and personal attributes will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.