4 days left
- Full Time
Holistic Community Care is the lead company in a group of companies operating in the domiciliary/homecare sector, where trained careworkers attend to the needs of older and disabled people in their own homes. Holistic is one of the most well-established homecare companies in the UK. It currently provides thousands of hours’ worth of care on a weekly basis to several local authorities and private clients in London and the South-East.
A position for an Accounts Assistant has emerged in the Clapham headquarters of this well-established and expanding domiciliary care agency.
You will be working within an established Accounts Department and will undertake various tasks, including:
- Data entry/bookkeeping
- Customer accounts’ reconciliation
- Credit control functions
- Ensuring new client information is set up accurately
- Liaising with internal departments
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required to meet the company’s business needs.
You will ensure that all accounting standards, policies and procedures are maintained and followed at all times. This role will involve liaising with private clients and/or their next-of-kin, local council social services’ departments and using IT systems (for which full training will be provided). Previous experience of Sage Line 50 or a higher accounting system and/or a sales financing/factoring facility would be an advantage, but is not essential. Previous experience or familiarity with the homecare/domiciliary sector would again be a plus, but again, is not essential.
This full-time, permanent role provides an excellent opportunity for career progression as part of a growing domiciliary care organisation.
- Entry level accounting qualification such as AAT Access Level 1 in Bookkeeping / Accounting or similar will be an advantage
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- A high degree of competency with the MS Office suite
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and a joy to work with
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Proactive approach
- Ability to work to deadlines and take direction
- Strong organisational skills, including a proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Enthusiastic, conscientious, self-motivated and committed.
We work constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
Along with their CV, applicants should submit a covering letter, which describes how their skills and experience are suited to the position, as well as stating their current salary.
Those candidates selected for interview will be informed by email. If you do not hear from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
- Excellent opportunity to start a career in accounting with study support
- £17,000-£21,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Employment contracts are full-time
- Holiday pay
- Monthly pay
- Statutory sick and maternity pay
- Staff employee benefits’ scheme (entitling you to discounts on high street purchases)
- Referral bonus (if you successfully introduce a new careworker to us)
Apply for Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly