HR Manager - North
UK – Heywood
£Competitive + fully expensed company car or car cash allowance + enhanced pension + private healthcare + management bonus scheme.
Hours: 08:30 – 17:30, Monday to Friday
Start date: January 2020
ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
WARNING - THIS ROLE IS NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED!
We are Fowler Welch – a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated and knowledgeable staff. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows our employees to continually grow and progress in their careers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will form part of a wider HR team reporting to the HR Manager. The fundamental purpose of your role is to work in partnership with the key stakeholders based at your depot, building effective relationships whilst guiding, supporting and advising them to ensure people practices are applied effectively.
- Influence the acceptance of and provide ongoing support for a business partnering approach to the management of people activities across your depot.
- Work in partnership with the senior managers based at your depot to support development and delivery of their People, Engagement and Training Plans to ultimately achieve company objectives whilst supporting delivery of the HR Roadmap.
- Support managers in the planning and implementation of business change and organisation re-structures, including TUPE and redundancy situations, through the provision of technical expertise and advice.
- Ensure fair application of HR policies and procedures including disciplinary, grievance absence management, performance management and reward / recognition through guidance, advising and coaching managers.
- Support and implement a proactive approach to attraction / recruitment / selection activities, ensuring solutions are cost-effective, future-focused whilst ensuring vacancies are filled with suitably skilled and competent individuals.
- Use the MI analyses to facilitate a proactive focus on areas of risk and plan / devise early solutions in line with trends.
- Work with managers to identify collective and individual learning needs and provide both short-term and long-term coaching support and solutions and help deliver skills-based workshops for managers on people related processes.
- Support and /or co-ordinate HR projects cross functionally and across all business areas as required.
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS:
- An independent and highly motivated HR professional who strives for excellence.
- Able to use rational persuasion and commercial awareness to effectively influence.
- Able to effectively plan and prioritise whilst ‘keeping up’ in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Understanding and accepting that sometimes the goalposts have to be moved – frustrating as that may seem.
- Prepared to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to support their depot with whatever may be required to get the job done.
- Focused on building relationships for current and long-term benefit.
WE DON’T WANT IS SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Rigid and inflexible with their approach to business partnering with a very ‘black and white’ mind-set.
- Precious about performing the routine tasks – they are just as important.
- More interested in doing the ‘blue-sky thinking’ than the bread & butter HR tasks.
- Motivated by working in a culture or environment where everything is ‘finished and polished’.
- Restricted with their flexibility on working hours, travel and overnight stays.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
You will need to be CIPD qualified or part qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience working as a high-level HR generalist ideally within the Logistics and/or FMCG sector.
You will need to have up-to-date knowledge of UK employment legislation including TUPE with an awareness of ACAS Codes of Practice and HR best practice with a basic knowledge of key industry requirements such as Driver’s Hours Regulations with a competent level of ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
Experience of working in a fast-paced and pressurised environment is absolutely essential as is maintaining a positive can-do attitude. Ideally, you will have had experience of dealing with cultural and organisational changes and you will certainly need to show resilience in the face of repeated setbacks and view them as positive challenges to ultimately overcome.
This role is challenging and will require some travel which may necessitate overnight stays so as such, there will be times you will need to be flexible with the core hours that you work.
Other companies may call this role Human Resources Manager, Regional HR Manager, Regional Human Resources Manager, Employee Relations Manager, or ER Manager.
So if you have what it takes, apply today and join us on the road to success!
To apply for the role of HR Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.