New Mobility Consultant - MaaS (Mobility as a Service) / Shared Mobili
7 days left
- Full Time
About the role CIQUHP
We are looking for experienced consultants to help shape and deliver our research and consultancy capability within the rapidly evolving area of new mobility in transportation. This includes innovations such as Mobility as a Service, shared mobility, ride sharing, Connected and Automated Vehicles, payment systems and last mile automated vehicles. We are seeking dynamic individuals with strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, able to identify appropriate methodologies for designing trials and evaluations of new mobility solutions. Successful candidates will work with thought leaders across TRL to help us remain at the forefront of defining the transport and mobility solutions of tomorrow.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
As an integral part of our freight & mobility team you will be required to contribute and develop your knowledge of new mobility to consultancy and research projects. It is likely you will work with colleagues at TRL's Smart Mobility Living Lab, a world-leading real-world test environment for the development of future mobility solutions, running elements of our shared research programme. While your role will be based at our office in Crowthorne, you should expect to spend time at our test site in Greenwich (and other trial sites as required) in line with project needs.
Your role will include responding to client briefs with appropriate research and consultancy solutions, providing innovations that solve our client's problems and further evidence-based scientific knowledge. You will conduct stakeholder and participant workshops and surveys, conduct literature analysis and interpretation, and coordinate with TRL colleagues and external partners to conduct shared mobility trials, delivering findings in reports and presentations. You will also work with our Academy and sales & marketing teams to help shape our new mobility offer and represent TRL internally and externally in written output and at conferences.
Skills and experience
Applicants must demonstrate a thorough understanding of, and interest in the technologies that are shaping the future of mobility. Whilst all roles are focused towards research and consultancy, experience within the application of technology to develop mobility solutions would be an advantage. Suitable candidates should be able to demonstrate experience / competency in the following areas:
- Ability to apply existing knowledge and expertise to respond to new transport solutions
- Good understanding of the technologies behind new mobility, shared mobility and MaaS
- Proposal writing and business winning skills, particularly the ability to clearly define project work scope and assumptions
- Ability to learn, develop and work proactively
- A can-do attitude to problem solving, including outside of your subject area
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- An ability to analyse data and interpret findings
- Ability to conduct depth interviews and facilitate groups and workshops
- Familiarity with Microsoft office software, particularly Word and Excel
This role may involve line managing up to 7 people in the team. Please state in your application if you have line management experience and if you would be interested in this being part of your responsibilities.
A Degree (2:1 or above) in a related discipline.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English and polished presentation skills. You must have the ability and confidence to engage with TRL colleagues, customers, stakeholders and technology partners in a meaningful manner.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package