Group Management Accountant
6 days left
- Full Time
The Group Finance team
The Group Finance team is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities for the business in a way that supports delivery of the business strategy. Guided by our values, the team will provide an excellent business partnering service to our senior leaders that will help them to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. We have a big challenge ahead of us to do this and the Group Finance team, working really closely with the business, will play a critical role and bring expertise to shape, and ultimately ensure, we achieve our purpose and deliver our vision.
Sitting within a two person team, the Group Management Accountant role is highly embedded into both the Group Finance team and the wider finance function, allowing a unique insight into the operations of the wider Group and an ability to influence operations and communications at all levels. They will share responsibility for all aspects of internal Group reporting in accordance with the internal reporting cycle; ensuring the integrity of financial information reported. They will also share responsibility for providing an excellent level of business partnering activities for other head office functions including People; Marketing and Legal & Governance. This involves providing finance support at both a strategic and operational level to ensure a joined up approach is taken that leads to successful outcomes of key projects and initiatives. The role is dynamic and capable of being stretched by the right applicant with an appetite to work proactively.
Examples of what you will be doing:
Internal Group Reporting:
- Consolidating the Groups results for monthly internal, external financial reporting and the Group Annual Report
- Providing analysis and commentary of group results and preparation of management accounts and analysis on head office expenditure by department
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations for head office ledgers with outsourced staff and ensuring action points are implemented and any further process improvements/efficiencies are identified
- Supervision and review of the overseas preparation of the statutory accounts for the UK subsidiary companies, with responsibility into the Head of Financial Reporting
- Undertaking banking responsibilities, including review and authorization of electronic payments
- Communicating effectively with internal customers on group accounting and best practice innovations
- Assisting in emerging project work arising from ongoing Group strategy review
- Point of contact for the external auditors.
Finance Business Partnering:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the function heads, producing timely and accurate financial information, presented coherently and providing investigations and analysis to facilitate decision making
- Provide a high level of finance support to routine contractual commitments and strategic projects throughout their lifecycle, to ensure successful outcomes are achieved in line with Group strategy
- Involvement in annual business planning and budgeting activities for the functions, whilst ensuring that operational plans and financial aspects relating to the Groups strategy are factored in
- Work closely with other members of the Group Finance Team to ensure a consistent approach is taken to ensure compliance and control in relation to financial activities at all times that is aligned with the Group strategy and values
- Work in partnership with finance directors and their teams to identify and share best practice and to enhance effective delivery of head office function activities to the business
- Work in partnership with wider business and enabling teams to identify synergies and share best practice, skills, resources, insights and feedback geared towards creating a One Countrywide feel for our customers and colleagues.
Examples of how you will do your job:
You will bring all aspects of our values to life: Responsible, Personal, Straightforward and Passionate:
- Responsible - you will put your colleagues at the heart of all services provided; demonstrating a strong sense of ethics in doing the right thing; your colleagues proactively seek your advice
- Straightforward - your communication uses everyday language that takes the complex and makes it easier and relevant for your colleagues to understand
- Personal and authentic - you will create your own personal brand, being approachable to your colleagues
- Infectious Energy -the way you go about carrying out your role, with passion, energy, and determination to make a difference, will inspire others.
Examples of how you will know you are doing a great job:
- Timely and accurate presentation of management accounts, evolving best practice reporting
- Great working relationships with our outsource providers, identifying ongoing improvements to processes
- Excellent feedback from the Chief Financial Officer, the divisional Finance Directors, Function heads and Group Financial Controller in terms of support received
- Functional projects are successfully delivered as a result of accurate budgeting, cashflow forecasting and effective stewardship of financial controls.
Experience you have that will set you up for success:
- You will have an accounting qualification (ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and have experience of consolidations and statutory accounts preparation through working in practice or hands-on experience in industry
- You will have additional post qualification experience in industry, ideally working with outsourced providers
- You will have keen attention to detail with a clear understanding of and commitment to robust data integrity and reconciliation
- You will be motivated and enjoy working autonomously and have effective project management skills to ensure deadlines and conflicting priorities are managed
- You will also enjoy working as part of an open and friendly team, with demonstrable experience of commitment to delivery of wider team goals
- You will be confident and articulate and love communicating with people, creating networks and sharing your passion and expertise for accounting by developing others
- You will have thrived in dynamic environments, challenging the status quo and recommending improvements to existing practices.
Other helpful things to know:
- This role reports to the Head of Group Finance
- This role will be based Chelmsford, Essex with occasional travel to London and Milton Keynes
- Excellent spreadsheet skills will be an advantage, as would experience of Access or TM1.