Senior Assistant Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
FULL TIME CHARITY SHOPS ASSISTANT MANAGER
Salary grade points 11-15 (£21,166 to £22,911)
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a growing Southend-on-Sea based charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff and volunteers work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to over 1,000 lives every year.
Are you a motivated and passionate individual looking to make a real difference in your local community? Do you have experience of working in retail, or an interest in fashion, and want to put this to good use helping others less fortunate? If so, we would love you to join our growing Charity Shops team as a Senior Assistant Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a fast-paced retail environment, line managing a team of staff.
- Be an excellent team player with communication, influencing and motivational skills.
- Have the ability to communicate across a range of channels, including face to face, telephone and email, and an ability to accurately relay information between colleagues and management.
- Be flexible and able to go above and beyond to achieve results, including able to work weekends.
- Have empathy and understanding for homeless people.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme and the opportunity to work with colleagues that strive to transform lives.
Application forms can be found at our website using the “Get Involved” tab and then click on “Careers”. If you are interested in this role please submit your application and our team will contact you for interview if your application meets our requirements. Please quote the reference SAM1
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th November 2019 midday
Short listing Day: Wednesday 20th November 2019
Interview Day: Wednesday 27th November 2019
Charity No: 1098126
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer