Finance and Payroll Assistant
3 days left
- Full Time
Finance and Payroll Assistant
Established in 2004, Oasis Community Learning is one of the largest multi-academy trusts in England. Our academies are based across the country, providing primary, secondary, all-through education or special education.
Oasis Academy John Williams, based in Bristol, is built on the vision of "Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community". We are committed to raising the educational bar for all our students and ensuring that every child is supported to succeed, no matter what their background.
We are currently looking for a Finance and Payroll Assistant to join our team and support the smooth running of Oasis Academy John Williams, as well as academies throughout the Bristol area.
- Salary starting from £18,795 per annum plus a £1,200 recruitment and retention allowance
- Continuous professional development programme
- A caring network and family of staff to support your progress
- Competitive pension scheme
- Benefits including life cover, lower tax and gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 30 days after two years’ service)
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a welcoming organisation with a people-focused culture and excellent development prospects.
At Oasis Academy John Williams, we believe that knowledge is the key to success. We offer excellent training, including the chance to study for your AAT and ACCA accounting qualifications, making us a superb organisation in which to develop your accountancy career with.
As a Finance and Payroll Assistant, you will help the Finance Officer to facilitate the financial management of academies in the Bristol area.
In this varied role, you’ll be responsible for processing purchase ledger transactions and petty cash, as well as supporting payroll activities.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining the creditor accounts
- Processing orders
- Handling written and verbal enquiries
- Supporting pension administration
- Generating contracts for new starters
To be considered as a Finance and Payroll Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of working in a finance or accounting team
- Previous experience of processing financial transactions (e.g. purchases, sales ledger, bank or cash book)
- The ability to report and present information effectively
- The willingness to support other team members and continue your own development
- Strong interpersonal skills
Other organisations may call this role Finance Assistant, Payroll Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Administrator, Junior Finance Officer, Accounts Clerk, or Finance Clerk.
This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week. For the right candidate, a job share will be considered.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Finance and Payroll Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.