Sales Ledger Technician
6 days left
- Full Time
Sales Ledger Technician
Spalding Head Office
£Competitive Salary Plus Excellent Benefits
Shift: Monday - Friday, 08:30 – 17:30
We are looking for a Sales Ledger Technician to join our Finance Team at our Spalding Head Office.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
We are Fowler Welch – a multi-award winning logistics provider who deliver a range of products and services to retailers and wholesalers across the nation. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and continue to be an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced staff. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows our employees to continually grow and progress in their careers.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a Sales Ledger Technician, you will be responsible for the accurate raising of all invoices and ensuring un-invoiced revenue is kept to an absolute minimum.
You will continuously challenge financial processes and implement process improvements to deliver great customer service standards and efficient financial processes. This will be done alongside developing strong internal and external relationships and maintaining, as well as adhering to, company procedures at all times.
- Generate the weekly auto invoice runs from the operational computer system
- Generate weekly invoices and associated reports
- Originate pre-invoice information to be sent to customers for agreement, ensuring timely invoicing
- Reconciliation of self-billing customers and raising internal/external invoices accordingly
- Set-up new shippers in an accurate and timely manner
- Produce free type sales invoices for fuel, warehouse, vehicle wash, rent and recharges etc.
- Creation of report detailing the week’s Tesco invoices and sending them through the OB10 system
- Update and accurately maintain customer rates tables in the operating system
- Liaise with Transport office and customers to ensure the prompt resolution of issues
- Provide cover in absence of the Sales Ledger Supervisor
- To issue zero reports to relevant Managers for customer rates
- To update and maintain customer rates in the operating system
- To manage un-invoiced levels on a weekly basis
- Continuously looking to suggest and implement procedure improvements
WHAT DO I NEED?
- A good standard of education including Maths at GCSE level or equivalent relevant qualifications
- Experience of working in a busy, fast paced environment with tight deadlines to meet
- Excellent communication skills across all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Word
- The ability to work to challenging deadlines in a pressurised environment showing accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning and organising own work activities and giving guidance to those within the team
- Showing a positive attitude towards the team with the ability to assist in raising other capabilities
- Proficiency in Excel with emphasis on formulae creation and pivot tables
- Good written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally
- Positive and flexible attitude with a focus on proactively improving daily working processes
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits as well as 28 days’ holiday per year.
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Free Fowler Welch Health Cash Plan. We fund a care plan for our employees that covers an array of medical fees including dental and optical - with no cost for you! You even have the option to increase your totals or add family members to the plan for a small monthly fee
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Auto enrolment onto our competitive pension scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
- Exclusive discounts on a range of package holidays with Jet2Holidays
- Discounted gym memberships at over 2,500 gyms across the UK
Other organisations may call this role Sales Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Accounts Administrator or Finance Administrator.
Apply NOW and join us today on the road to success!
To apply for the role of Sales Ledger Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.