3rd Line IT Support Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
3rd Line IT Support Engineer
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms.
Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients. We're proud to work with a fantastic client base, including many renowned, innovative organisations based across the world.
Withers & Rogers employ around 200 staff across five offices in the UK and Munich, and we use a wide range of software to provide feature rich and highly customised tools to users.
We are now looking for a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer to join our team in Bristol.
As a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to our employees and maximise system availability.
In this brand-new position, you will analyse, diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues and work with the Infrastructure Manager to deliver IT-related project work.
You will also:
- Support technologies including networking, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows, DNS, DHCP and SAN storage
- Update security components
- Deploy new platforms and enhance existing ones
- Report any issues, actions or areas for improvement to the Infrastructure Manager
To join us as a 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, you will need:
- Extensive technical support experience, including experience of providing 3rd level support within a corporate environment
- Experience of playing a key role in delivering technical projects
- The ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- A strong customer focus
A strong understanding of the following technologies is also key:
- Windows Server 2012 and Server 2016
- Windows Server migration
- Exchange and Office 365
- VMware virtualisation
- Dell switching and SonicWall firewalls
- VLANs and WiFi APs
- HP and Dell servers
- Dell SANs
- High availability and disaster recovery concepts
Other companies may call this role Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer, or Technical Support Analyst.
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Pension plan with employer and employee contributions
- Give as you earn scheme
- Group life assurance and childcare scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Play a key role in the smooth running of our IT function
Webrecruit and Withers & Rogers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 3rd Line IT Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.