IT Technician / IT Support
IT Technician / IT Support
Stockton on Tees (covering Sunderland and the Leeds/Bradford/Rotherham area)
£20,000 - £26,000 per annum (van provided for travel between sites)
Full Time, Permanent
Are you an IT professional looking to make a real difference?
Our client is renowned for providing inspirational education and care to children and young people, resulting in life-changing experiences and countless stories of success. They strive to change young, vulnerable lives every day – and as an IT Support Technician, you’ll have the chance to help.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for you to put your stamp on it. You’ll maintain the systems that make our client’s team’s work possible. With your help, their professionals can support children and young people with special educational needs.
Within this role your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the systems used in our client’s offices, schools and children’s homes. This includes in-house computer systems; wireless infrastructure; switches; routers; desktops; and relevant peripherals.
- Installing all equipment and ensuring it is kept well maintained, and when problems arise will be there to troubleshoot and diagnose.
- Support our client’s state of the art datacenter and maintain connectivity, and with the help of their dedicated support team, keep everything up and running across the Group.
- Managing and maintaining support calls and will visit different schools and homes each day to provide proactive support.
Your daily site visits will be based on geographical proximity but you will also have the opportunity to travel to other sites around the group, as well as supporting them remotely where possible.
Our client’s ideal candidate will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a similar IT support role
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft operating systems and Office, iPad support, preferably in an Education environment, Network and PC hardware, Logging, reporting and monitoring procedures and Hardware and software.
- Ability to install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all hardware and equipment
- Knowledge of VMware would be an advantage, however our client is willing to train you in this area
- A flexible working approach is also essential as the role involves regular travel throughout Sunderland and the Leeds/Bradford/Rotherham area.
- Full clean UK Driving License (company van provided for travel between sites)
Within this role you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a virtual environment and will also be exposed to a group wide MPLS network, which you will help to support.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group staff benefits, such as a Medicash Health Plan/Employee Assistance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- DBS Enhanced checks and covers the costs for all new employees
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of their young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. They are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.