Contracts and Business Development Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Contracts and Business Development Manager
Salary: £48,000 – £54,000 depending on experience and potential
Location: Our current and about-to-close public contracts are located from Cornwall to Southampton up to Bristol and Swindon, so you will need to be located somewhere with easy access to these areas.
YTKO is a leading and multi-award winning business support provider delivering a significant volume of contracts supporting entrepreneurship, SME growth, access to finance and supply chains. We’re on a mission and have already helped over 20,000 businesses and 30,000 individuals, enabling them to access over £70m finance and expand to create nearly 10,000 jobs.
Much of our work is co-funded by European Regional Development Funds, and we work with a wide range of public, private and third sector stakeholders and partners. This role will play a critical part in our success by ensuring that the company continues to grow and thrive by maintaining these strong relationships, building new ones, resolving any contractual issues and contributing to our business development from bids to contracting, extensions and renewals, and innovative new product and service development.
Reporting to the deputy CEO and working closely alongside him and the Finance Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking public sector contracts through from Initial Application to Full Application, Pre- Contract Conditions and signing. This includes efficient management of and negotiations with delivery partners where appropriate, SLAs and all other relevant matters.
- Serve as the main point of contact for commissioners, stakeholders and any delivery partners on all contractual matters.
- Provide and document internal and external contract related issue resolution, and a documented audit trail.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extensions, renewals and evaluations
- Complement the senior business development team through understanding unmet or poorly met market needs, core competencies and services, and prospecting for, qualifying and developing opportunities for new or existing services across the public and private sector.
- Check sources of tender opportunities daily and create and maintain central register of tenders in pipeline, submitted, and contracted with complete paperwork.
- Create and execute on new business opportunities through relationship building, (both new and existing) lead development and tendering, and support the marketing, sales, product and service development process as required.
You will need first class interpersonal skills, confidence, persuasiveness, articulacy, passion and diplomacy in equal measure. You’ll therefore be open, can-do, entrepreneurial and creative, with a strong understanding of verbal and non-verbal communication, and have a natural, warm and friendly manner that opens doors and builds relationships.
You’ll need to be able to quickly gain the respect and trust of a very wide range of partners and stakeholders, at all levels, and have sound negotiation skills and experience. You’ll have market antenna to open up new opportunities to extend current programmes or enrich their legacy, and to develop and qualify new opportunities based on our competitive advantage and market needs.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent written and spoken English, with excellent presentation skills, and the ability to talk with bid parters ‘in their language’ in order to get the best out of them. and be highly computer literate with a sound knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel. A clean driving licence and the ability to travel across our contracts base is essential.
Great bid writing skills are essential, and distinct advantages will include experience in:
- Our core competencies – from start-up to scale up, investment readiness and access to finance, supply chain development
- Core client groups – from disadvantaged individuals to ambitious SMEs looking to scale
- Government and European funding streams
- A wide range of sectors
As well as being an experienced and effective manager, you’ll enjoy both the hunting, being part of the big picture with your foot firmly on the accelerator, and also the gathering – having a real eye and passion for the detail, consistency and accuracy at all stages of contracting and execution as well. You won’t get stressed by multi-tasking and multiple deadlines, but be able to prioritise with calm energy and focus, and thrive in a fast paced, creative environment.
It should go without saying that you will enjoy and be good at working with a wide variety of people, and that you’ll be a highly motivated self-starter but also an absolutely critical team player, and looking to develop your long term future with us.
Click apply below for further information and to download an application pack.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The YTKO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from all candidates fulfilling the job requirements, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability.