Safety Services Manager
Safety Services Manager
Redruth, Cornwall (office/field based covering Cornwall)
We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,500 homes. Coastline is built on strong values of:
- putting our customers first
- openness, honesty and accountability
- striving to be the best
- and valuing our colleagues
We are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people.
With Investors in People Silver accreditation and a placing in the Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisations to work for, Coastline is a growing company with a strong reputation
We are now seeking a Safety Services Manager to lead on contract management and legal compliance for the properties we manage across Cornwall.
- Salary of £29,663 - £34,898 per annum
- Performance-related bonus
- 25 days’ holiday plus flexi-time
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
This is the ideal role for a high calibre contracts manager with an in-depth understanding of sewerage treatment operations and a strong grasp of legal compliance for building-related issues to advance their career with one of the South-West’s leading housing providers.
You’ll be playing a vital role in the compliance for our properties right across Cornwall, making for a varied, engaging role where you will have budgetary and team management responsibilities. As such, this is a great chance to expand your skill-set even further and ensuring you remain on your career track.
What’s more, as you will be joining an independent not-for-profit, you will be doing excellent work for the people of Cornwall whilst progressing your career and ensuring and safety and security for thousands of residents.
As the Safety Services Manager, you will be responsible for managing fire risk assessment and protection, Legionella, drain clearance and sewerage treatment contracts for the properties we manage across Cornwall.
Leading a team, you will also manage key areas of legal compliance including asbestos, lifts and radon. Additionally, you will take the lead on the development and project management of maintenance monitoring, repair and improvement programmes.
Your role will also involve:
- Having budgetary responsibility for around £750,000 per year
- Ensuring the effective management of fire protection, asbestos removal, lifts, water hygiene and waste water treatment
- Supporting the Property Investment Manager in the delivery of the waste water and asset management strategies
To be considered as the Safety Services Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of leading relevant monitoring programs and improvement projects
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of legal compliance in respect of fire, lifts, radon, Legionella and waste management
- A significant understanding of Sewerage Treatment plant operation, design and maintenance arrangements
- A clear understanding of Environment Agency requirements relating to sewerage treatment
- A NEBOSH Diploma qualification, Level 4/HNC in construction, maintenance or related water/drainage qualification
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Membership of a relevant professional body would be beneficial to your application, as would a management, Fire Risk Assessor, ECDL and/or a Health and Safety qualification. A Level 4 VRQ Gas Safety Management in Social Housing would also be an advantage.
A Legionella qualification, such as Legionella Responsible Person or P405. would be equally desirable, as would a Level 4 Gas Safety Management Qualification, however training will be provided for both of these if required.
Other organisations may call this role Maintenance Services Manager, Maintenance Contracts Manager, Buildings Compliance Manager, Contract Monitoring Manager, Building Services Manager, Fire Safety Manager, Health and Safety Manager, H&S Compliance Manager, or EHS Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 11th November 2019 and interviews are scheduled for the 18th and 19th November 2019.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next step as the Safety Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.