Responsible to: Store Leader and Area Manager
Responsible for: Store Team Members and Senior Store Team Members (STM)
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced retail Floor Manager to work as part of the management team in our Carmarthen store. This role is to support our Store Leader in ensuring that the store produces the highest level of customer experience through the management of the shop floor.
Our Carmarthen store is a new store in a central location, conveniently situated close to all the high street facilities, with links to public transport on the doorstep and reasonably priced parking is close by.
Stormfront is the UK's largest Apple Premium Reseller with 23 retail stores across the UK. A distinguished accreditation from Apple which means they recognise us as offering a fantastic customer-focused environment in which people can get hands-on with the full range of Apple products.
Helping our customers discover which Mac, iPhone, Watch or iPad is right for them is our passion. Each day our staff show just how the products fit into the lives and dreams of thousands of people.
As a Floor Manager we are looking for someone who can develop a depth of knowledge and understanding of Apple products. The Floor Manager is there to direct the staff on the shop floor and to make sure that the Store Team Members are up to date with their product knowledge so that they can sell the products with confidence knowing that the Apple product being sold will enrich that customer's life.
Offering a competitive salary and current discretionary bonus scheme this role brings excitement and fun, working within a settled and happy team and the chance to grow within retail management.
The Floor Managers main responsibilities are to:
- Champion your Store Team Members (STMs), providing mentoring, coaching and direction at all times
- Support the delivery of the Company's expected levels of customer service
- Manage your STMs abilities with the needs of the customer where the situation dictates
- Manage your daily available resources ensuring the smooth flow and operation of the shop floor covering both sales and service
- Ensure the store merchandising meets expectations and looks its best at all times
- Mentor the STMs as they gain knowledge, with their performance and attendance
- Work in conjunction with the Store Leader to enable the store exceeds its targets and KPIs
- Ensure your shop floor is always ready to trade
- Where appropriate to manage and oversee customer complaints and returns so that they are either resolved internally at store level or escalated to the correct level of management/department
- Actively develop the skills and techniques of your STMs through regular training, coaching and 1-2-1 reviews
- Advise and guide your STMs through the Company's core principles and policies.
- Proactively manage first level staffing matters such as return to work interviews, liaising with HR who will support you with specific issues
- Oversee their store closure routine
- Making the necessary daily trips to the bank as required
Candidates Essential Criteria
Our Floor Manager will need to be someone who possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Passion and drive to succeed and meet required standards and targets
- Have emotional intelligence so you can handle/approach situations with the right character and temperament as it dictates to obtain the best outcome
- Have experience of leading or managing people. Anyone can be a manager but it takes the right person to manage
- Be able to engage and encourage staff to grow, develop and succeed
- Be trustworthy, loyal and hardworking. Our Managers work weekends and we need to make sure that our managers can provide that continuity of service to their store and to lead by example
- Want to work as part of a bigger picture
- Have the confidence to sell the right products to the customer. To be able to understand the needs and the wants of the customer against the products on offer. Be able to read the situation and have the patience to allow the customer to buy into the product
- Be able to hold and engage customers focus
- Be able to work within set parameters and to ensure the STMs do the same
Apart from the fantastic opportunity to work with Apple products on a daily basis in a modern retail environment, Stormfront also offers competitive salaries, training, genuine career development and progression, staff purchase schemes and discounts for Apple products.
To apply for the role of Floor Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Floor Manager, Shop Floor Manager, Store Manager, Shop Manager, Retail Manager, IT Retail Manager, Shop Team Leader, Shop Supervisor, Store Supervisor, Retail Supervisor.