Assistant Group Accountant
We're looking for an Assistant Group Accountant to join our Group Accounting team at the London Canary Wharf head office.
You will be joining a small, efficient team and will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts, quarterly reforecasts and half yearly financial accounts.
The Group Accounting team is also responsible for the preparation of the Group's consolidated management and financial accounts, budgets and reforecasts for senior management, the main Board, shareholders and the City.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- The timely and accurate production of weekly and monthly management accounts including variance analysis and accruals and prepayments
- Day to day duties including coding invoices, raising invoices and dealing with queries
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts and the responsibility for your company balance sheet
- The preparation of 3 year profit reforecasts and budget submissions
- Reforecast meetings with budget holders
- Half yearly preparation of reports and financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, non-financial information and tax pack
- Yearly preparation of dormant statutory accounts for subsidiary companies
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Assist with other Group Accounting tasks
The Ideal Candidate
- Part qualified accountant studying towards CIMA or ACCA
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of a monthly reporting cycle
- Experience of performing reconciliations
- Detailed focus, accurate data input
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Willing to share knowledge and experience
- Able and willing to work as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise own workload
- Experience of using NAVision would be advantageous
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at