Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor
Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor
We are looking for a Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor to join us in a field based position. You will ‘hit the ground running’ and work based largely on-site. We will provide Health and Safety and technical training through a variety of mediums including, external training courses as necessary. You will be expected to participate fully in the activities of the division as well as the wider business and will need to have an open and flexible approach, to help ensure that as a team we achieve job targets. This is a full time position offering a competitive salary of £25,000 - £33,000 per annum dependent on experience + significant guaranteed overtime.
We are Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), comprised of the most trusted names in the fuel industry, are global leaders in driving innovation for over 100 years. DFS, the industry's 1st end-to-end fueling solution, provides advanced fuel-dispensing equipment, including systems and payment, automatic tank gauging and wet stock-management solutions. The DFS business is comprised of industry leading brands including Tokheim, Wayne Fueling Systems, Fairbanks, ProGauge, ClearView and OPW Fuel Management Systems. We lead every market we serve with focused expertise, progressive thinking and customer-inspired innovation to push the boundaries of performance for our customers and shareholders. To learn more about DFS, visit www.doverfuelingsolutions.com. DFS is part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV).
What’s in it for you as our Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor?
- Salary range of £25,000 - £33,000 per annum
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Healthcare scheme + many more benefits
We can offer excellent career opportunities, for those candidates with the right drive, motivation and talent for business management. As a global company with offices around the world, you may find opportunities to further your career in directions you might not expect.
About the Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor role
In this role you will use your existing skills and experience as well as acquire new ones in fibre-glass / laminate systems, and surface preparation methods as well as associated testing regimes. This will include learning the procedures used in our tank lining system, assisting with associated equipment installation, plus any other services developed within the WFM portfolio. It is envisaged that you should have existing supervisory knowledge and be capable of managing a team of up to four operatives, working in confined spaces. You will work closely with other departments in the business in providing ‘end to end’ solutions for our customers.
Key Responsibilities of our Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor:
- Attending and working on site-based operations as described above. You will be expected to work and stay away, accommodation and meals will be provided by the company, where programmes of work dictate, we will need you to undertake some weekend working
- Be involved with organising plant and materials, liaising with management and other departments
- Assist in accurate record keeping and reporting of works undertaken on client sites, appropriate use of WFM internal systems for work
- Work in a professional cooperative manner on customer sites and at our office and stores locations
- Ensure that all HR procedures are followed
What we’re looking for in our Tank Lining Engineer / Team Supervisor:
- Good general standard of Education
- Full UK Driving license / working towards license with no bans or convictions preventing you from holding one
- Minimum SPA Passport (Petrol), If CSS already held this will cover initial requirement. Confined Space Entry is essential
- Considerable experience of working in tanks / chambers / confined spaces
- Background in fiberglass lay-up / laminates and lining systems or associated processes (min 3 years)
- Follow procedures after instruction on using calibrated equipment
- Able to assist with chamber breaks minor civils
- Numerate and literate
- Experience of working on construction / Project sites
- Good communicator able to articulate and resolve technical issues
- Good time keeping / time management skills
- Experience in managing a small team
- Able to accurately complete work forms timesheets and other paperwork
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your application.