Video Business Director for L’Oréal
Job title: Video Business Director for L’Oréal
Employer: Essence Global Limited
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers
Clients include Google, FrieslandCampina, and the Financial Times and since the start of 2018, the agency has incorporated the BT Group into the agency - one of the biggest advertisers in the UK, along with responsibility for the planning and buying of traditional media channels such as TV, Press, and Radio.
Globally, the agency is more than 1,700 people strong, manages over $3.2B in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via its global offices throughout North America, EMEA and APAC.
Specifically, the UK office employs 415 people with billings in excess of £3 billion.
The Business Director role on L’Oréal is a key senior role within the Video team. Video at Essence comprises of TV (linear and Addressable), all forms of IO based VOD and Cinema.
The principal job responsibilities of the role will be:
· working closely with the Heads of Reservation, Video Investment and Planning to ensure that both the planning and buying of all L’Oréal Video campaigns are delivered to the incredibly high standard required as a result of Essence’s recently successful pitch;
· ultimate responsibility for the in-channel plans and execution of all Video campaigns across the Active Consumer Division (ACD), Consumer Products Division (CPD), Professional Products Division (PPD) and Luxe Division;
· constructing L’Oréal plans to the highest standard according to the multiple briefs across all divisions - utilising a mixture of industry and proprietary tools which act as rationale for their components;
· delivering the plan in a way that is commercially fit for purpose and delivers the incredibly competitive pricing and qualitative guarantees that we have made as part of our recently successful pitch;
· overseeing a team of 7 Video specialists from Exec level to Account Director level in order to deliver the required work and ensuring this team works in the right way to deliver the overall business objectives;
· utilising proprietary and industry tools to evolve the L’Oréal video product;
· working with our Investment and Commercial leads to deliver client pricing and value guarantees
· mentoring the specialists within the team; and
· working with the Display, Programmatic, Performance and Social teams on L’Oréal to ensure clarity and collaboration in our overall approach to Video
· understanding of the competitive sets for each business and a requirement to regularly report on activity within the market
Requirements for the role
The successful candidate must possess all of the following attributes and experience:
● proven experience at Director level in Media or Advertising role
● proven experience at a senior level both operationally and technically within Video
● proven experience of this level of responsibility on a similar blue-chip and beauty client, managing TV planning and buying of over £10+ million PA
● commercial acumen
● ability to deal with senior clients, such as Head of Marketing/ Head of Media level stake holders
● excellent knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, channels, formats, etc.
● experience of negotiating with and managing senior media owner relationships
● experience with TV, VoD, cinema and video channels
● High level expertise in using Media Ocean and TechEdge applications
Please apply directly via the online portal.
Date posted: 16 October 2019
Closing date: 13 November 2019