Night Shift Foreman
Night Shift Foreman - Working
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
The foreman is responsible for scheduling, co-ordinating and supervising the work of all-night shift employees, ensuring that all work is carried out safely, on time and within budget along with managing equipment and materials required. This involves ensuring that all company and legal regulations are implemented.
Close working relationship required with the dayshift foremen and manager.
Key Responsibilities for the Night Shift Foreman:
- Implement Company requirements and legal regulations, paying specific attention to HSE legislation and quality.
- Schedule, co-ordinate and supervise the nightly activities of all-night shift employees.
- Maintain discipline and morale of all-night shift employees.
- Share and pass on knowledge to day shift supervision.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to company procedures.
- Ensure the work is on time and to budget.
- Purchasing materials and equipment.
- Undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Continuous Improvement
- 5’S Knowledge
- Lean Manufacture
- Health & safety regulations
- Production and processing
- Lean management
- Legal and regulation requirements
- Preferably with experience in Aerospace, Aero Engine and/or Nuclear Sectors.
Skills required for the Night Shift Foreman:
- Good communication at all levels. Clear and concise instructions.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Time management
- Judgement and decision making
- Leadership, team building and motivational skills
- Conflict management
- Time served machinist or toolmaker