Birmingham (Cannock, Staffordshire)
£35k-£40k depending on experience + Company car + Commission + Auto enrolment Pension
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
About the company
Our client is a Pan-European Company providing Turnkey Rental Solutions for Power Generation and Temperature Control. What makes them different from other energy rental companies? Without any doubt, because of the real energy that their people bring to your world. They call it REAL ENERGY!
They are a fast-growing business which offers possibilities for motivated people to be part of a dynamic organization. The Group is organized with the Head Office in the Netherlands and subsidiaries in several European regions.
Their Headquarters in the UK & Ireland is based in Staffordshire which is also their Birmingham depot. They also currently have depots in Leeds, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dublin.
Working for this company means being part of a team of dedicated professionals in every aspect of their business. They offer a challenging and responsible job in a dynamic European organisation.
They are currently looking for a Sales Engineer to be based out of their Birmingham depot working alongside their existing Sales team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to sell solutions to new customers. They are looking for someone who is technically strong within the Power Generation field.
You will be required to travel across the UK in the performance of your duties and some nights away from home may be required.
You will be rewarded with an attractive Salary, Company car, Auto enrolment Pension, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and entry onto the Sales Commission Plan.
- Lead the sales activity for your region, acquire prospects, expand and retain regional customers, draft proposals and negotiate and close contracts.
- Work in partnerships with customers in order to gain understanding of requirements and deliver best total solutions.
- Identify relevant lapsed accounts and potential additional accounts and implement strategy to win new business.
- Effectively present and represent the face of the company.
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts in order to deliver the total solution to your customers.
- Act as second line on cash collection working together with sales support and accounts department.
- Gain understanding of the customer’s specific needs and how their turnkey solutions best fits in the context of their business.
- Consulting with customers to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Influence clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Assess, on an ongoing basis, the quality of delivery of solutions to address short and long term customer needs.
- Self-generate sales leads within the industry through their current data management systems and active sales activity.
- Responsibility for CRM system for your region/portfolio.
- Provide adequate and timely reports.
- Project manage your customer accounts.
- Committed to work according to company QHSSE guidelines and ensure support on continuous improvement at all applicable areas within the organisation.
- Bachelor degree or its equivalent in sales, marketing or engineering.
- +2 years sales experience preferably in the industrial services business or rental business.
- Good technical knowledge in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in Power Generation or Gas Engines.
- Proficiency in Mathematics and English.
- Excellent IT literacy.
- Has excellent, influencing and relationship building skills, with all level of individuals.
- Proven drive and ability to sell ideas/opportunities/concepts.
- Commercial Awareness, with good networking skills within the industry.
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the UK with some overnight stays.
How to apply
Does this spark your energy? Then we are curious about you! Show us your personal and professional energy and send your application ASAP.