Senior Accountant NYFR89749
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant post within the Finance section of the Service based at Service HQ, Northallerton.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful applicant will manage the Finance and Payroll teams and ensure the effective day to day running of the section.
This is a new post within the team created to support the Head of Finance in the development and delivery of an effective financial management service that is responsive to the needs of the Service and supports delivery of organisational objectives. The Senior Accountant will lead on the production of the statutory financial statements and provide specialist financial advice to corporate projects and business planning. They are looking for a qualified Accountant with relevant technical knowledge, good communication skills along with the ability to understand and explain complex financial information.
In addition you must be:
• be CCAB qualified including CIMA.
• have experience of managing, developing and motivating staff
• have prepared financial reports for Budget Holders and Senior Management
• be able to develop and improve financial monitoring systems including management of the change in processes
• have prepared statutory financial statements, preferably Local Government, with a good knowledge of technical legislation and codes of practice
• have demonstrable Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word
• align to the Services corporate values (PROTECT)
• be willing to undergo Security Vetting at an appropriate level
• hold a full current driving licence.
The post is conditioned to the Scheme of Conditions of Service for NJC Local Government Services (Green Book). Benefits include flexitime scheme, 24 days’ annual leave (29 days after 5 years’ continuous service), Local Government Pension Scheme and optional additional benefits from Everybody Benefits Scheme including Child Care Vouchers and Cycle to work.
Closing Date – 5th November 2019
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. They are committed to the principles of fairness and equality and welcome applications from all members of the community.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.