What we are looking for
Pushing ahead (as always) with our continuing growth plan. We are now looking to bring our current outsourced cashiering functions in-house. We are therefore looking for a Legal Cashier ready to further their career.
Hours of work and salary
We offer a great starting salary with opportunity of fixed increase after successful completion of probation period. We will provide one to one training and offer great career opportunities for the right people.
£16,000 to £20,000 (FTE and depending on experience)
We are a small (but ambitious) law firm specialising in Property Law with a Property Management focus. We are based in Nottingham with clients across the UK.
We are a busy team and our work load continues to expand. Therefore, you must be willing to work hard and be able to get along with others in a close knit team of passionate individuals.
You will have at least 12 months experience working within a solicitors firm as a Legal Cashier and be able to work with minimal supervision (although there will be full off site support by our outsourced accounts company).
You will have excellent SRA knowledge and case management experience.
Within this position, you will:
- Manage the Legal Accounts function
- Process client invoices and prepare online bank transfers such as BACS and CHAPS.
- Update the client database with all relevant information.
- Open and close client accounts.
- Deal with work in progress.
- Deal with petty cash and monitor its use.
- Process cheque requests and produce cheques where necessary.
- Process bank reconciliations, cash receipts and bank transfers
- Process transactions in line with Solicitors' Accounts Rules
- Deal with payments
- Deal with banking
- Post disbursements
- Manage queries
- General cashier administration
If you feel like you have what we need then please send your CV and covering letter (by email only) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October 2019.
Successful candidates will be notified by email immediately thereafter and invited to interview week commencing 11 November.