Valet and Reception Host
Scarlet is set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and is 1 of 2 hotels in the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, they are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
The Scarlet was opened in 2009, a groundbreaking design built to the highest eco standards. Both the interior and exterior design of the Scarlet embraces the building’s stunning cliff top location and reflects its natural environment through the sensuous use of materials and design.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
Valet and Reception Host
The Scarlet Front of House team do things a little differently by providing a unique guest experience starting with a warm Scarlet welcome and delivering hospitality throughout the stay of the guest until waving the final goodbye.
The role of Reception and Valet Host is to:
- meet and greet guests
- park and retrieve cars as requested
- check in guest arrival and check out guest departure
- answer and handle phone calls
- interact with guests
This role will cover shifts during the week, over the weekend and evenings.
You will have a warm and friendly personality, be a team player and be passionate about excellent hospitality. You need to be able to positively respond to customer feedback, be motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and inspired to go the extra mile for our guests and fellow colleagues.
Essential to the role is to be over the age of 25 with a full clean driving licence and physically capable of handling luggage. Also, to have excellent verbal and written English, numeracy, computer literacy in Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to learn how to use an in-house computer system.
- £8.50 per hour probationary rate
- £8.75 after probation
- Contract for 37.5 hours per week
- 28 days holiday (29 after 1 year)
- Discount on hotel products and services at the Scarlet and Bedruthan
- Free use of wetsuit and surf board
- Free use of pool and wellbeing classes
- Free use of tennis court and access to gym at Bedruthan
- More perks after probation and for long service including a free experience to stay in the hotel with breakfast, lunch, dinner and spa treatments
- Cash back scheme for wellbeing
- Family and Friends rate for stays at the Scarlet and Bedruthan
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV. Direct applications only. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
In your cover email, tell us:
- What attracted you to apply for a role at the Scarlet and in particular this position?
- The 3 most positive attributes of your character that you would bring to this role.
- What would be your biggest challenge in this role?
Closing Date: Monday 4 November 2019
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life