Senior Technical Business Analyst
Data Science and the application of artificial intelligence (AI) are critical to TUI's future growth. We are planning to deliver a step change in the benefits realised from these capabilities both in our commercial decision making across the Group. TUI is embarking on a large scale Group-wide analytics data project capturing raw data across all source markets to feed a cloud based data lake and commercial data warehouse. We will capture and integrate data from contracting, inventory, profitability and booking systems and other external data and this will be used to create reports, dashboards, analytical models and provide input to advanced yield management techniques including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We require experienced, hands-on, business intelligence professionals who will define and gather business and technical requirements who will join us as we embark on this exciting journey and work across TUI Group source markets to determine data availability, define development work required and ensure that it is tested and provide support where required.
This is a new role on a greenfield AWS S3 and Redshift role out and offers an exciting opportunity to start early on the project and help shape the outcome.
What you will be doing
- Data requirements: You will be responsible for working with business users to understand business and data requirements and ensure that these are properly documented. Using various methods and tools you will review detailed reporting requirements and develop and document use cases for the relevant business areas.
- Data sourcing: You will be responsible for carrying out detailed analysis of multiple source data sets. You will need to fully understand data structures and attributes and be familiar with high level underlying business processes used to populate the source systems.
- Definition: You will be responsible for producing detailed technical requirements including data modelling, source to target mapping, data transformations, data conformation, data mapping and non-functional requirements. These will need to be documented and user stories created for data engineering to work from for development.
- Development lifecycle: You will work closely with the data engineering team during the development phase, answering any questions required and clarifying any data issues raised. You will be responsible for the first pass of user acceptance testing and will ensure that the relevant business users carry out UAT before go-live.
- Data support: You will be responsible for providing third line support for data issues and ensure that any resolutions required are documented and added to the development backlog. As the SME, you will provide data understanding support in the team and help with advanced queries where required.
What we are looking for
- Extensive practical experience of business and technical analysis for large scale data warehouse projects
- Proven high level of technical expertise in BI environments including modern database design and principals with advanced understanding and practical experience of SQL
- Proven experience of working with stakeholders and other developers within an BI environment to understand user requirements and data available for reporting
- Advanced SQL skills with broad experience and understanding of data warehouse models and principles
- Extensive experience of managing the expectations of internal clients and stakeholders whilst supporting reporting users to best make use of the technology and the data opportunities that exist to support their departmental initiatives
- Highly numerate with expert communication skills both written and verbal
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.