Mechanical Design Engineer
White Label is now recruiting for a Design Engineer for an exciting opportunity to join one of our market leading fit-out clients based close to Chester.
The Company, who has a growing workforce, is a market leader in supplying high end glazing products and due to expansion, and a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to be based in their office near Chester.
The company is a successfully growing business, which has been established for more than 25 years, with a Head Office in London. They have been recognised for their investment in training, developing and rewarding their staff, and from this have been awarded an Investors in People Gold award.
The company now seek a Design Engineer with specific experience of using SolidWorks.
- You will be working in an office as part of a team of dedicated Design Engineers
- You will work on a variety of nationwide projects, ranging from GBP25k up to GBP6m in value
- The job predominately involves 3D modelling in Solidworks and creating fabrication drawings for manufacturing from this. Onsite documentation/ guides and design drawings for tender stage are also required.
- Following approval of the drawings you be required to order all the relevant components via an automated take-off system and liaise with the purchasing department to ensure a smooth transition of components to site
- The individual must also have an awareness of costs and work closely with the commercial department
- Other areas of involvement include die design, product design and systems development
- You will be using the latest version of Solidworks, have access to a full R&D/ testing area onsite, a new 3D printer and workshop.
The ideal Design Engineer will be enthusiastic, with a keen interest in design and 3D modelling and with a willingness to develop their skills.. A natural tendency to have a high attention to detail and highly organised working process will be required.
Key skill requirements
- Expert in SolidWorks
- Good understanding of Rendering packages
- Good understanding of Microsoft office
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ambitious, Driven, Self-managed, motivated and hard working
- Background in construction, architecture, structural glazing, aluminium fabrication
- Revit Modelling and BIM experience would be beneficial
The company is offering a salary of GBP25-40k depending on experience. Along with this they have a contributory pension, up to 6%, depending on length of service, private healthcare, 20 days holidays and a flexible and friendly working environment with excellent prospects for progression.
Please apply immediately for consideration or contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label Recruitment.