Assistant Manager, Public Audit Group, Audit & Assurance
Our Public Audit clients include some of the largest and most successful companies listed in the UK or US. They are complex, influential and exciting. Auditing them takes a broad skillset. Working on controls-based auditing offers the intellectual challenge of understanding a client's business. You'll develop relationships far beyond the main finance team, providing valuable insights to the company's Board of Directors and leadership teams. All making for a more interesting and rewarding experience. As you progress, you'll have opportunities for foreign travel and overseas secondments to key markets of the Americas, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and EMEA. You'll quickly expand your international and UK networks.
"We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know."
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
• Audit and Assurance planning and the delivery of the plan to the client;
• Day to day management of field teams, including reviewing work of staff members;
• Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information;
• Management of reporting requirements, including attendance at meetings;
• Leading teams on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work;
• Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
• Involvement in tendering for new clients.
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
We do encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Gatwick with potential domestic and international travel.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time. Flexible working patterns will also be considered.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
• Previous experience of working with IFRS, UK GAAP/US GAAP reporting standards;
• Experience of working on group audit clients or of overseas reporting is desirable, but not essential;
• The ability to present client data in a clear and concise format;
• Ability to develop effective client relationships;
• Project management experience;
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 165092