I am currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join a confectionary manufacturer based in Reading.
- The role of Technician is to be responsible for performing a range of routine activities to support effective completion of projects and meet the customer's contractual agreements, perform laboratory administration (responsibility for checking of LIMS data during project initiation, reagent and sample disposal and data archiving), general housekeeping activities, basic routine equipment calibration and work in accordance with the quality standards within the laboratory
- Listening - Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Planning - Able to multi-task within a lab environment
- Personal learning - demonstrates an eagerness to learn new techniques
- Informing - Good written and communication skills.
- Peer Relationships - ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Problem solving - can see hidden problems, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the fist answers
- Previous administrator roles, Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Scientific understanding of basic laboratory equipment
- Education to A level, preferably one of which is Chemistry, or relevant laboratory experience
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we will register your personal information in our database and contact you. We may contact you from time to time about other relevant roles. Your personal information will be securely held. For more information please refer to our privacy notice, a copy of which can be found on our website. - Select Engineering Limited.