Product Executive - Sports Tours
Product Executive - Sports Tours
Location: Derby - DE24 8HR
Salary: GBP18k - GBP24k dependent upon experience - Bonus scheme based on target achievements
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent - 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday - Flexible Working Programme
At Rayburn Tours, inspiring young minds and creating unforgettable experiences is at the heart of what we do.
Group travel specialists since 1965, we are an independent, family-run business based in Derby. Our ever-growing team of over 100 employees is dedicated to creating tailor-made, international trips for over 23,000 passengers each year. Specialising in educational trips, ski trips and sports tours for schools, as well as concert tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek adventure, embrace other cultures and learn new skills.
Our sister company, Venture Abroad, offers activity holidays for uniformed youth groups (such as Guides and Scouts) and works closely with the Trefoil Guild to provide an event management service for their Annual Meeting.
We organise a comprehensive package which is comprised of travel arrangements, accommodation, excursions, full itinerary planning and insurance, as well as a multitude of tour-specific extras including organising venues and publicity for concert tours, fixtures for sports tours and study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide variety of subjects for educational tours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Tours Product Executive & Fixture Co-ordinator to join our team. This role will require you to work closely with our Product Manager in order to assist with the management and development of our Sports Tours product portfolio. This role will also incorporate co-ordinating and developing the fixtures for our sports tours and assisting our Tour Co-ordinators with booking these.
• Managing and developing supplier relationships.
• Undertaking negotiations with suppliers to secure contracts and optimal net rates.
• Managing supplier information and data, providing analysis when required.
• Monitoring and analysing our products against our competitors
• Identifying opportunities for new products.
• Developing new products
• Delivering training to operational departments on new and existing products.
• Identifying and addressing potential supplier and product issues.
• Undertaking destination and accommodation inspections where appropriate
• Develop a network of international clubs for our Sports Tours groups to play
• Assist our Operations team in selecting and booking the most suitable international clubs for each travelling group
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
You will have previous experience working in a product position within the travel industry. The role is suited to those with strong analytical and administration skills
Essential Skills & Experience:
• A passion for travel and sports
• Experience of working in a product department within the travel industry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands on.
• The ability to use own initiative.
• Commercial acumen and able to identify opportunities.
• Strong negotiation, analytical and IT skills.
• Ability to travel overseas when necessary.
• Driving licence
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• Fluency in French, Italian, German or Spanish
• Experience in group or sport travel.
• Previous Health and Safety auditing experience.
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Cycle to Work and Healthcare Cashback schemes
• Flexible Working Programme
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a CV with a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position