Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Permanent - Ringwood
I am currently working alongside a global client seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their engineering team in Ringwood on a permanent basis. As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the design of the mechanical features of Wireless Wells Solutions products and the production of documentation to enable manufacture of the product with minimal reference to the design team.
- To fully support and comply with Health, Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- To assess project requirements and subsequently produce designs for mechanical components of WWS products to meet specifications supported by calculations (including FEA) as appropriate.
- To produce and review CAD models, drawings, test schedules and other related documentation as necessary to implement design work.
- To carry out qualification testing of WWS products by evaluating performance of mechanical components and assemblies and completing appropriate reports.
- To arrange and carry out Design Review meetings as required by the WWS Design Procedure to keep all WWS stakeholders informed of design concepts and progress.
- Provision of technical support to Operations and Production Departments including resolution of design queries and investigation into failures.
- To supervise other engineers carrying out tasks relating to WWS products.
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing ongoing CPD activities.
- To carry out any other tasks as may be reasonably requested by Line Manager
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Significant previous experience in a mechanical design role.
- Good understanding of material properties (mainly metals) and machining processes for low to medium scale production.
- Expertise in 3D CAD modelling, in particular PTC Creo (essential), with Windchill document management system.
- Good understanding of stress analysis techniques (FEA) and familiarity with Creo Simulate (desirable).
- Knowledge of drawing standards BS8888 (essential)
- Commercial awareness and a good understanding of how design features impact operational performance.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Membership of an engineering institute (desirable).
If you are interested in finding out more information about this opportunity please apply in the first instance.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.