Project Manager, Kitara Tales (UK)
Part-Time 11 hours per week
£28.00 per hour
The project manager will play a critical role, liaising between Mancoen’s management committee, the Ugandan community in the North-West of England, the hlf, volunteers staff
- Representing Mancoen on a day- to- day basis and managing Mancoen’s relationship with stake holders.
- Translating, relaying and reinforcing key messages between Mancoen and our stakeholders.
- Providing day-to-day project management support, including implementing project plans, data analysis, budget scrutiny, tracking progress, conducting periodic progress reviews, providing regular project updates to the project lead.
In addition, the Project Manager will work closely with the Mancoen project lead to:
- Supporting volunteers and researchers roll out value-added performance measures: undertaking analysis, planning and providing training/advice to volunteers/researchers and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Working with the researchers to ensure the research stays on track and provide valuable evidence.
- Develop the cultural heritage preservation policy for mancoen
- Support external evaluation by coordinating with any evaluation entities/agencies
Person Specification: Project Manager, Kitara Tales
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or administration
Experience, competencies and values
- A depth of professional experience, ideally in a combination of the public and private sectors; experience in UK, Uganda and education a strong advantage.
- Experience as a project manager with a proven track record of managing complex projects.
- Experience dealing with multiple and multi-sector stakeholders; experience of working with community organisations a strong advantage.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- The energy and motivation to take on this challenge and deliver outstanding results.
- The ability to work independently under remote management.
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Mancoen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults that we work with. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly