Accounts Payable Analyst
Location: Head Office Hanger Lane London
WE'RE GOING PLACES???.
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world's leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS???
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the AP Analyst will ensure that our internal and external vendors are paid in a timely and accurate manner. Input invoices daily to ensure all weekly and monthly deadlines are met. Resolve day to day queries in a professional manner by interacting with customers.
In this role, you will:
- Processing & coding a high volume of invoices weekly (c80,000 p.a.)
- Posting invoices accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of documents
- Resolve all queries in a timely and decisive manner
- Distribution of invoices across the business
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers
- Ensure discounted invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Preparing and running the weekly supplier payment runs
- Sending payment runs via BACs
- Reconciling open items for monthly deadlines
- Ensure correct authorisations are obtained
- Liaising with cost centre managers within the business
- Enhance communication with vendors and customers
- Maintain relationship with Management Accounts and Banking Team for all accounting deadlines
- Daily administrative duties including post
- Processing European invoices against country guide lines.
WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING??? and we know exactly what experience we're looking for!
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience
- Experience of iProcurement or P2P
- Computer literate (Financial systems knowledge plus intermediate excel skills)
- The ability to work to targets, achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail, accurate when working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships throughout the business
- Previous experience of dealing with stakeholders and customers
- Ability to multi task, solve complex problems and take responsibility for resolution
- Possess a positive approach to change
- EMEA experience an advantage
- Electronic Invoice scanning
IT NEVER GETS BORING???
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers' needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It's not all work and no play here either???we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER???and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Discounted on-site gym
- On-site staff shop
- On-site canteen
- Free onsite parking
- RI Perks at Work