CAD Designer - Womenswear
Location: Head Office Hanger Lane London
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world's leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS???
Fantastic opportunity for a CAD Designer to join the team!
You will be a specialist print Designer with a real flair for hand rendered illustration and painting. You will also have real eye for colour. Experience in trend prediction and presenting.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating in-house prints for Womenswear
- Compiling seasonal Print themes alongside the Print Manager.
- Keeping up to date with Print trends and innovations
- Presenting Print developments and trends to the Design and Buying team
WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING??? and we know exactly what experience we're looking for!
For this role, you will have the following:
- Previous experience as a Print Designer (or similar) within a fashion retailer or from a supplier background
- Have fantastic drawing and painting skills
- Be fully competent on all computer packages (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Be fully competent in creating factory ready artworks
- Be able to re-colour and re-scale prints with attention to detail.
- The ability to demonstrate an affinity with RI Brand and high street fashion
- A creative eye for product, with ability to drive the business forward
- Be confident and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels
- Be able to manage own workload, plan and prioritise work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be team orientated with the ability to build strong relationships and influence where necessary
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Be adaptable to change
- Love the brand as much as we do!
IT NEVER GETS BORING???
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers' needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It's not all work and no play here either???we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER???and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking