Interim Accounts Payable Clerk
Interim Purchase Ledger Clerk - Gloucester - 3 Months Initially - Excellent Opportunity - Hands On Role
Key Job Duties
- To check and process invoices to ensure correct payments are made to suppliers
- To use the Smartstream and Integra systems in order to produce vital timely payments to suppliers.
- To maintain the Smartstream and Integra databases in order to keep accurate information on suppliers
- To ensure all manual systems and records are accurately maintained to meet audit requirements.
- To set up and amend supplier bank account details in accordance with procedures and policies.
- To allocate and distribute official documents to Departments and Budget Holders for authorisation in order for payment to be made.
- Maintain generic email boxes for all organisations, e.g. responding to queries both internal and external
- To prioritise own work load in order to meet Team and payment deadlines.
- To follow up and pursue outstanding invoices to ensure prompt payment.
Communications and Working Relationships
The post holder works closely with their finance and procurement colleagues within the Shared Service. The post holder will receive and resolve "day to day" queries from suppliers, budget holders, other Organisations Communication is in person, via telephone or in writing (letter and email).
8. Most Challenging Part of the Job
Ensuring all invoices are paid accurately and on time. Having the knowledge and confidence to liaise with difficult and irate suppliers, Managers and Budget Holders when invoices have not been paid. Ensuring the adherence at all times to the Shared Services Service Level Agreement.