Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Salary:GBP18k - GBP22k per annum
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 1.00pm
Benefits: 20 days holiday per year, generous company pension scheme, life insurance, private healthcare after 6 months service, discretionary bonus scheme
We are thrilled to be working with one of our long-term, established clients, based in Burgess Hill who are currently seeking a Procurement Assistant to join their busy and friendly team. This is an exciting role for someone hungry for their next move within procurement, who will be focusing on the purchasing and shipping activities.
As part of working in the Procurement department, you will be assisting all other departments providing procurement, expediting and shipping services. You will also be assisting with the smooth running of the department by providing general administrative and reception duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitor and update status of purchase orders on the procurement database. Contact suppliers to expedite order acknowledgments, progress reports & material certificates.
- Provide general assistance in purchasing goods and services including issue of enquiries, obtaining quotes from suppliers, preparation of bid tabulations, issue of purchase orders and expediting.
- Support the Shipping Manager with co-ordination of shipments from suppliers. Prepare shipping documentation such as packing lists, shipping invoices and certificates of origin. Issue goods release certificates to suppliers and expedite material receiving reports upon receipt of goods.
- Undertake due diligence of suppliers and manage the onboarding process for new suppliers. Co-ordinate the supplier questionnaire approval process and ensure that new suppliers are approved and registered on the supplier database. Ensure that the supplier database is kept up to date and requalify suppliers as required.
- Collect and analyse supplier performance data for monitoring and continuous improvement of the supply chain. Undertake periodic updating of supplier rating data, including requesting feedback from internal departments and maintaining supplier rating records.
- Provide general administrative support including establishing procurement documentation and filing systems during start-up phase of new jobs.
- Provide reception duties including answering telephone, taking messages, receiving postal deliveries, checking in visitors and preparing meeting rooms and refreshments for supplier meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to improve company systems and processes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Highly numerate
- Good attention to detail
- Logical approach to job tasks
- Good negotiation skills
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Excellent organisational skills - able to plan own time and prioritise workload effectively
- Experience of procurement and/or supplier management would be advantageous
- Team player with effective communication skills
- Hours of work, 37.50 hours per week.
Monday - Thursday 8.30 - 17.30 with 45 mins lunch
Friday 8.30 - 13.00 with no lunch break
20 days per year, increasing after 5 full calendar years' service by one day per year to a maximum of 25 days. Fridays are counted as a half-day holiday
The company will match contributions up to 7% into our direct contribution pension scheme
- Life Insurance:
Death-in-Service cover at the rate of 4 times salary
- Private Health Care:
Employees are eligible to join private health care scheme after 6 months service. Employee dependants can be covered at their own cost but as part of a group scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme:
Based on the previous years' profits and paid annually. This is not a guaranteed scheme but is expected to continue in operation
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.