Hotel Operations Manager
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager-
REPORTING TO: General Manager
JOB FUNCTION: The position is a pro-active approach to the smooth day-to-day operation of all operational departments in accordance with the established Hotel policies and practices of the Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea FC.
DIRECT REPORTS: All operational departments within the hotels
CONTRACT: Full time - 40 hours per week 5 days over 7
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- To manage all operational Heads of Department in the hotels and, in doing so, ensure that the operation runs safely and with the best possible commercial and satisfaction outcomes for staff and guests.
- To liaise with supporting functional roles (eg HR and Facilities) to ensure the hotels' interests are fairly represented and served whilst also seeing that the needs of functional roles are provided for.
- To assume general responsibility for operating expenses within the hotels' profit and loss accounts such that reviews and plans are in place, with forecasts to supplement. To ensure both commercial focus is evident throughout the departments and adherence to accounting and financial standards are adhered to.
- To work closely with the health and safety and maintenance support teams available to the hotels to ensure statutory and company compliance and best practice.
- To ensure customer comments are actioned and responded to within brand guidelines.
- To ensure all statutory training is attended by those required to attend.
- To lead by example in all HR practices.
- To be familiar with, and ensure adherence to company/ hotel standards, monitoring their execution and taking corrective action where necessary,
- To represent the General Manager and stakeholders where and when required,
- To deputise for the General Manager in their absence.
- To be fully participative in all key budget and forecasting requirements for the business.
- To ensure adequate management and staff cover is made available at all times.
- To support communication in all areas, leading by example with team meetings and minutes to support.
- To be familiar with, and supportive of, all emergency procedures, with regular review and updates where necessary,
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
Profit and loss account, customer feedback via social media, verbal and written. Staff turnover and payroll costs. Health and safety audits and visits.
Fluent written and spoken English
Health and Safety Level 4, Food safety level 4, First Aid, Personal Licence Holder.
Min 2 years head of department role in a 200 bedroom city centre hotel
Opera property management experience
Performance management, recruitment experience
Payroll and revenue forecasting
Working with an international brand
The Employee must at all times carry out his her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk vulnerable groups that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.