Salary: GBP18,000 - GBP21,000
Our client is a well established manufacturer; now due to their ongoing growth have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join their team. This is a fast past role in a medium sized company requiring a proactive individual who is self sufficient and can multi task.
Working form their Manchester based offices you will be assisting the Lead Purchaser in all aspects of the purchasing function, helping reduce overall supply chain costs, whilst managing the increase efficiency and supplier relationships.
- Purchase support for current projects, workshops activities, and company consumables;
- Purchasing of raw materials eg Steel, Composites, and consumables for all departments.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Liaise with Sales on any new item requirements and arrange the quotation and any necessary samples with the factories.
- Setting up customer specific codes ready for merchandiser to place the order
- Set up the product folder
- Dealing with invoice queries relating to raw material & packaging.
- Assisting with regular stock takes and stock investigation.
- Experience as a buyer/purchaser in an engineering environment.
- Experience of material management in a production environment.
- Experience of manufacturing ERP systems (such as Syspro).
- Competent use of Microsoft packages, word and excel.
This is an opportunity for someone who takes pride in the important support they provide. You will have an eye for detail and take extra lengths to satisfy the needs of clients. You must be confident, passionate and thrives off working in a fast paced and busy team environment.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR9604